Friday, April 24, 2009

Studio Lighting Final

The Final in my studio lighting class was to find "retro" objects and create an correctly lit scene that was to represent balance in some way. The first was "Ping Ping a Marvelous Pong". The idea behind the name was that it was in the style of the slinky song using ping pong instead.

Seamen and The Oceanus

The 2nd photo was called "Seamen and the Oceanus". I don't feel it fits with my other two photos but i guess that's how it happens.

Photosynthesis

The 3rd photo is named "Photosynthesis" It is one of my favorites all year. It wasn't real easy to get to look like that as it was a mixed lighting shot, it took quite a bit of color balancing, but I feel it turned out very well. It was probably also the hardest photo to light all year. The glass was too thick and dark to light from the back and needed to be lit from the front as well.

I really enjoyed the class, and I learned ALOT! If anyone is thinking about taking the class I would suggest it.

No comments: